CONTACT CITY COUNCIL
FIND OUT HOW TO BOOK YOUR EVENT HERE!
Del City became a part of Oklahoma in 1948 and was the dream of George Epperly. The City was named after Mr. Epperly’s daughter Delphinia.
A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE AND CALL HOME
Del City is always working on bettering our community for our citizens, if you have any ideas or input please feel free to let us know here…
Del City is a city in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, United States, and a part of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. The population was 21,822 at the United States Census, 2020. Del City is located near two major interstate highways, both of which connect it to Oklahoma City. Interstate 40 bisects the town from the northwest to southeast, and Interstate 35 lies just a short distance west of the city. The city borders southeast Oklahoma City, Midwest City and Tinker Air Force Base. George Epperly, founded the city, which was incorporated by a vote of its residents in 1948. Del City is named after Epperly’s eldest daughter, Delaphene Campbell. Since its incorporation Del City has expanded three times, first by annexing Carter Park in 1954, Midway Village in 1963 and the acquisition of an undeveloped piece of land between the city and Tinker AFB. A large area of Del City was significantly impacted by the May 3, 1999, tornado outbreak that passed through the Oklahoma City metro area.
VISIT DEL CITY!
Women’s Veterans Monument, the book, is dedicated to the past, present, and future service women of the United States Armed Forces. It addresses the many facets leading up to the final product, the monument itself. The Women’s Veterans Monument is a representation to honor all veterans for their services and sacrifice for our freedom.
The War Memorial located opposite the Del City Community Center has several monuments dedicated to those who were killed in combat who were either born or lived in Del City. The memorial is dedicated to twenty one servicemen killed while serving in various branches of the U.S. Military during World War II, the Vietnam War and the Iraq War.
Eagle Lake, in Del City, Oklahoma, was formerly known as Thompson Lake. Del City acquired the property in 2000 as a back-up water supply and park. The park itself is on a peninsula shaped (more or less) like the head of an eagle, and the mascot and sports team name of Del City High School is an eagle, so “Eagle Lake” was unanimously selected from a list of fifty-five candidate names.
The Fitness Court® is designed for adults of all ages and abilities, fully accessible, and home to premiere outdoor fitness classes and training programs. Today, more than ever, heading outside for exercise is the healthiest option. We are taking the gym outside across America.
Access workouts for every fitness level, challenges and training tools nationwide on the free Fitness Court® App.
The Mid-Del School District is a school district based in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. It serves all of Midwest City and Del City, as well as a portion of Oklahoma City. As of 2007, the school district served more than 14,500 K-12 students.
The school district has grown from four original schools to include 21 middle and elementary schools and three high schools at present.